Hello, it’s me again.
Just yesterday, I worked my way through my Top 20 EP’s Of 2015. And now, it’s time to strut right through my Top 50 Singles Of 2015!
This list is the one that always puts me through it because I feel slightly ridiculous ranking songs that I genuinely love. The truth is: I enjoy these songs all for different reasons and there is no real big difference between song #45 and #15 so please bore someone else with your disagreements. I love music. You love music. We love music!
If you’re interested in listening to my classy Top 50 Singles of 2015 all at once, subscribe to the playlist on Spotify. As always, let me know what you think and feel free to comment below with your own list!
50. Janelle Monáe & Jidenna – Yoga
49. Loreen – I’m In It With You
48. Travi$ Scott – Antidote
47. KStewart – Ain’t Nobody
46. Pia Mia – Touch
45. Zara Larsson – Lush Life
44. Tinashe – Player (feat. Chris Brown)
43. Shura – White Light
42. Ariana Grande – One Last Time
41. Lauv – Reforget
40. Giorgio Moroder – Deja Vu (feat. Sia)
39. CHVRCHES – Leave A Trace
38. Kygo – Stole The Show (feat. Parson James)
37. Erik Hassle – No Words
36. Jazmine Sullivan – Let It Burn
35. Marina & The Diamonds – Blue
34. Ciara – Dance Like We’re Making Love
33. Hilary Duff – Sparks
32. Grimes – Flesh Without Blood
31. Janet Jackson – No Sleeep (feat. J Cole)
30. Duke Dumont – Ocean Drive
29. Little Mix – Black Magic
28. Lana Del Rey – High By The Beach
27. Alessia Cara – Here
26. Calvin Harris & Disciples – How Deep Is Your Love
25. Drake – Hotline Bling
24. Tori Kelly – Should’ve Been Us
23. Disclosure – Magnets (feat. Lorde)
22. Troye Sivan – Wild
21. Jess Glynne – Hold My Hand
20. Justin Bieber – What Do You Mean?
19. Carly Rae Jepsen – Your Type
18. Fifth Harmony – Worth It (feat. Kid Ink)
17. Selena Gomez – Good For You
16. Madonna – Ghosttown
15. Rihanna – Bitch Better Have My Money
14. Adele – Hello
13. Ellie Goulding – Love Me Like You Do
12. Tove Lo – Talking Body
11. Jack Ü – Where Are Ü Now (feat. Justin Bieber)
10. Major Lazer, DJ Snake & MØ – Lean On. This has been quite the year for Diplo: He’s literally been everywhere. From working with Madonna to surprise-dropping his joint album with Skrillex, the 36-year-old dance titan had his hands in an overabundance of endeavors. Peace Is The Mission – his third album with Major Lazer – proved to be another win for the trio, and their lead single “Lean On” featuring DJ Snake and MØ, was undeniably one of the most well-received releases of 2015. It’s an inspired tune loaded with mellow tribal soundscapes and inescapable melodies that kept our hips shaking all summer.
9. Hurts – Lights. Kings in the art-form that is gloomy melodramatic unexpectedly stepped far far away from their usual, teamed up with producer and writer Ariel Rechtshaid, and made some seriously addicting disco magic. I never looked back.
8. Demi Lovato – Cool For The Summer. Demetria said it was time to let her Confident freak flag fly, got together with a Swedish pop dream team, and undoubtedly gave us her most ridiculous pop rebellion moment yet, and we’re all better for it. But shh…don’t tell your mother!
7. The Weeknd – Can’t Feel My Face. Abel Makkonen Tesfaye‘s conscious decision to take things to another level truly paid off with this Micheal Jackson-esque, Max Martin-produced masterpiece. It became a smash because it is a smash.
6. MNEK & Zara Larsson – Never Forget You. Two of my favorite rising superstars joined forces and made one purely huge tune (choooonn) packed with wailing vocals, almighty build-ups and one utterly fierce, shape-shifting beat drop. It hardly got the recognition it deserved but something tells me 2016 is looking good for these two deserving talents. (Stop sleeping America)
5. Justin Bieber – Sorry. An entire year dedicated to apologizing all lead to this irresistible tropical-inspired dance hit. We got the message, Biebs! And we ain’t complaining one bit.
4. Taylor Swift – Style. A perfect pop song from a perfect pop album, and that’s all I have to say.
3. Years & Years – King. ’90’s-boyband realness meets dazzling synth lines, results in an instant charmer of the highest order.
2. Carly Rae Jepsen – Run Away With Me. This one-hit-wonder totally came through in 2015 with all her E•MO•TIONs, and this nostalgia-evoking, euphoric, leave-all-your-worries-behind anthem crafted perfectly for those romantic windows down, sing-along late night drives with your bae is the ULTIMATE jam. #Justice4CarlyRae
1. Foxes – Body Talk. Underrated UK darling returned just as Glorious as ever with this liberating, ’80’s flavored smash and I’ll forever be eternally grateful for it helping get through one of the hardest times in my 25-year-old life.
Honorable Mentions (aka – other songs I really, really liked): Carly Rae Jepsen – I Really Like You, Adam Lambert – Ghost Town, Madonna – Living For Love, Hailee Steinfeld – Love Myself, Elle King – Ex’s & Oh’s, Robyn & La Bagatelle Magique – Love Is Free, Coldplay – Adventure Of A Lifetime, Troye Sivan – Youth, DNCE – Cake By The Ocean, Aaron Pfeiffer – Can’t Shake This, Sia – Alive, Jess Glynne – Don’t Be So Hard On Yourself, Disclosure – Omean (feat. Sam Smith), Taylor Swift – Wildest Dreams, Kelly Clarkson – Piece By Piece, Daya – Hide Away, Brandon Flowers – Can’t Deny My Love, Katharine McPhee – Lick My Lips, Ellie Goulding – On My Mind, Chet Faker – 1998 (feat. Banks), GRADES – KING, Elliphant – Love Me Badder, Tinie Tempah – Not Letting Go (feat. Jess Glynne), Gwen Stefani – Used To Love You, Selena Gomez – Hands To Myself, MØ – Kamikaze.
from Jon ALi’s Blog http://jonalisblog.com/2015/12/30/jon-ali-presents-the-top-50-singles-of-2015/